Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2014

A Mermaid's Treasure


Ahoi ihr Lieben,
schon seit längerem wollte ich mich an Meerjungfrauen-nägel versuchen. Sie haben einfach was magisches an sich. Die Seashell studs eignen sich wirklich super dafür. Eine Review findet ihr hier, ich wollte es jetzt nicht in diesem Beitrag reinquetschen.
Die Hauptfarben hier sind Grün, Blau, Lila und Gold. Insgesamt sind es 5 verschiedene Designs. Ich weiß dass es für manche etwas too much ist, mir gefällt es aber sehr gut, da ich finde dass es als Einheit gut aussieht. Man kann aber auch nur 2 Designs davon nehmen, zB das mit der Nagelfolie als Hauptdesign und dann ein anderes als Akzentnagel. Die Namen für die Design sind teilweise aus dem Song "Part of your world" gesungen von Arielle, der kleinen Meerjungfrau. Die Designs sind nicht vom Song inspiriert, doch als ich nach Namen dafür gesucht habe hat sich der Song einfach am besten geeignet. Sea Witch hatte ich gemacht um den 3D Effekt noch mehr zu betonen, im Nachhinein haben sie mich dann an die Tentakeln von Ursula erinnert, deswegen der Name Sea Witch. Der Hintergrund von Part of your world soll an Blubberblasen erinnern. Tutorial gibt's weiter unten, dann werdet ihr die Namen auch verstehen haha. In der Infobox findet ihr die Produkte, hat diesmal besser gepasst es nur auf YT anzugeben. Ich lass dann mal die Bilder für sich sprechen. Bis bald
Ahoy!
I've been wanting to do mermaid nails for quite a while. They are so magical and the seashell studs are perfect for such a design. Review on the studs is here, I didn't want to squash it in this post.
The main colors for this nail art are green, blue, purple and gold. All in all I've created 5 different designs. I know that for some it could be too much but I like it a lot cause I think it looks good as one. The colors do reappear in all of the designs anyway. ^.^ But yeah, you can only do 2 of the designs as well, let's say the foil nail as your main pattern plus another one as your accent nail. The names for each nail art are partly from "Part of your world" sung by Ariel, the little mermaid. I wasn't inspired by the song for this nail design but when I was looking for suitable names the song was just perfect. I created Sea Witch to enhance the 3D effect a bit more but it does reminds me of Ursula's tentacles, hence Sea Witch. The background of Part of your world should remind you of bubbles (does it?). Tutorial can be found below, then you will also understand the names haha. If you're interested in the product list you can check out the info box. For this one it makes more sense to post it there than on my blog. Well, now I let the pictures speak for themselves.

Love
Anhy



Kommentare:

  1. Awww, ich finde das echt hübsch! So verschiedene Designs mit dem gleichen Thema finde ich eh toll, und bei dir ist das total passend umgesetzt ^^ Ich weiß gar nicht, was mir am besten gefällt...bei den meisten Nailartsachen denke ich, ach das brauchst du eh nicht, was solltest du je damit machen, aber wenn ich das hier sehe, will ich doch alle kaufen :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. haha Ich weiß genau was du meinst, ich versuch mich auch zurückzuhalten, aber da ich nun weniger Kosmetikzeug kaufe durften mehr Nailart Sachen in den Warenkorb xD
      Also ich würde sagen goldene Nieten sind ein must-have, sie peppen jedes Design auf, selbst süße. ^.~

      Löschen
  2. Perfect nails! You are so talented : C
    The video is so lovely! : )

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What an awesome nail art you've created and I really liked your tutorial too. I also really liked the opaque blue studs, I've mostly just seen black opaque ones (which I adore) :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Awesome nail art + a video tutorial? You are awesome! Looovee this look! Absolutely beautiful! <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I freakin'ly love your nail art! I am glad to see your nails are as beautiful as ever ^^ Those mermaid nails are sick, I adore them!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Das sieht ja schon wieder zu genial aus :D <3 Hammer !!! Der Mittelfinger ist hammer <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. These are amazing! I love that you did 5 different designs, they fit together perfectly!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wow Anhy this is just amazing, you are sooo talented. I love how each nails is unique and different, just fabulous!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. These are Fabulous. Each one is unique yet compliment each other welldone

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Oh sweetie absolutely beautiful nails design, looks very magic!
    comment to me back to keep in touch!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. This is absolutely stunning beyond words! I am sooooo in love with this look you did! Mind blown by how creative you use the foils, studs, decos, rhinestones and JUMP RINGS? Omgosh!! I love it so much, love how you always take your nail art to the next level! My favourite here are your pinky (Treasures Untold) and mid + thumb (Part of Your World). Just how on earth did you thought about all these?! Can I like have some of your creative brain juices? ^.^ But, really, everything in this nail art, is just so thoughtfully thought out and simply amazing! You are crazy yet amazing! L♥ve You for that! :)) And I really, really need to get my hands on some foils! :P

    Btw, is that Essie Good to Go topcoat? How would you rate it compare to Seche Vite?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Awww thanks for your awsome comment Laqueerisa :x L♥ve You Too (and your nails!)
      Well, to be completely honest, I didn't put too much thought in it haha I sketched some mermaid nail designs first, then tried how they look on my nail wheel (since drawn rhinestones are nothing compared to actual ones) and then took the ones I thought that look the best for this design xD The rest needs to be redone somewhen in the future but yeah, that's basically how I work for many of my designs. ^.^

      Yess it's Essie Good to Go. Hmm.. it's not not bad but since the prices are the same for essie and seche vite I think I will buy SV again next time. SV is faster drying and doesn't smudge my blacks. For essie I always have to wait a bit in order to prevent smudging. BUT the pro is: no shrinking effect here. That's what I really hated about SV. There's a "technique" to prevent that shrinking but I'm not too sure of that. I've heard that indie brands have great top coats but they're quite expensive because of the shipping and for something that you use so often like base/top coat I don't think that it's worth it (at least not for me) Which top coat are you currently using?

      Löschen
    2. So I'd say, it depends on when you do your nails. If you do them at daytime go for the essie one. If you do them at night (like me -.-) go for Seche Vite since you definitely don't have to worry about imprints then :)

      Löschen
    3. Hahaha, you say you didn't yet you did sketched first and then 'test' it out and improvised where needed. If that's not thinking process, I don't know what is. Hahahah!! XD I also liked the fitting title you have for each nail look :) I love your work flow! If only I've incorporate those habits earlier. Usually I'd sketch then head on to the real deal. Just recently I finally learnt my lesson and test out on nail wheels first. Hmm, what do you do with the 'failed' ones? I've thought of reusing them, washing it away and then paint another or so, but the spacing are so close together i tend to destroy the side ones too ;__;

      I'm using Seche Vite now since its the best I've used so far (after many fail and wasted cash). But due to my low currency rate, its quite costly to continuosly buy SV.. and yes together with the shrinkage problem and goopy probs, makes SV less desirable. Oh, the shrinkage prob, I overcome mine by flooding my cuticle (covering every nook and crook of my design and polish) and sealing the tips of my nails. Then I just clean up where necessary.

      Hmm, true. If prices are so near, I'd also go for SV. Comparing with other good relatively good top coats here, like Sally Hansen Insta Dri or Collistar Top Coat, SV is cheaper and works better. Oh yeah, have you heard of Harlow & Co? They are a Canadian online shop which sells various indie polishes (including top coats) and do offer free shipping worldwide for orders $75 abv. Personally, I haven't make any purchases from there (haha no paypal T.T) but it seems, Rica Glossy Glam topcoat is worth the try.

      Löschen